- General Claim Procedure
- For Motor Vehicle Insurance
- For Fire And Named Perils
- For Personal Accident
- Application & Motor Vehicle Owner Responsibilies
Pursuant to the Government's Circular No. 22/2016/TT-BTC dated February 16, 2016 defining regulations, terms, schedule of premiums and limits of liability of the compulsory civil liability insurance of motor vehicle owners, the application for indemnity and liability of motor vehicle owners in case of traffic accidents are specified below.
Insurers shall cooperate with vehicle owners, victims, the police authority and relevant entities to collect evidences of occurrences prior to making applications for indemnities. The application includes the following documents:
DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE VEHICLE AND DRIVER (CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF THE INSURER AFTER COMPARISON WITH THE ORIGINALS)
1. Vehicle registration certificate
2. Driving license
3. The driver’s ID card or passport or personal identity documents
4. Certificates of insurance.
DOCUMENTS AS PROOF OF DAMAGE TO HUMAN (COPIES OF MEDICAL FACILITIES OR CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF INSURERS), OR THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS DEPENDING ON THE SERIOUSNESS OF INJURIES/DEATHS
1. Injury certificate
2. Hospital discharge slip
3. Certificate of undergoing surgery
4. Medical record
5. Certificate of death (if the victim died).
1. Valid invoices or documents on repairs or replacement of damaged property by facilities designated by the insurer at the motor vehicle’s account or approved by the insurer.
2. Documents as proof of reasonable expenses for mitigating damage or according to instructions of insurer.
1. Scene examination record
2. Photo of accident scene (if any)
3. Record of examination of involved vehicles
4. Report on initial investigation conclusion
5. Other relevant documents (if any).
IN CASE OF THE ABSENCE OF DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED IN CLAUSE 4 AND THE ESTIMATED DAMAGE OF UNDER 10 MILLION DONG, THE APPLICATION FOR INDEMNITY SHALL INCLUDE DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED BELOW:
1. Traffic accident record certified by the competent authority where the traffic accident occurs. A traffic accident record shall include:
- Date of accident and place of accident;
- Information provided by the motor vehicle owner or driver causing the accident, victims or representative of victims, or witnesses (if any). The above mentioned information provider shall specify their name, ID card No., and address.
- Description of traffic accident scene and damage of vehicles (enclosed with sketches or photos).
2. Accident damage assessment record made by the insurer or authorized person.
3. Other relevant documents (if any).
1. Promptly notify to insurers and cooperate to rescue victims, resolve issues and mitigate property damage and injuries; protect accident scenes and report to the nearest local police authority or local government
2. Do not move, dismantle or restore the property until it is approved by insurers; unless where it is necessary to mitigate the damage to people and property or carry out upon requests of competent authorities
3. Provide documents required in applications for indemnity as specified.
Note: These guidelines are intended only to support our valued customers in case of occurrence. They DO NOT form part of the policy terms and conditions which will prevail in the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency.